Apply now to join the Social Justice & Equity Commission
We are seeking Commission applicants for the new Social Justice and Equity Commission!
Applications for new Commissioners are due January 14, 2022. For information about the position and to apply, visit olympiawa.gov/advisory
We encourage people from all backgrounds, life experiences, and skill sets to apply. The City can provide reasonable accommodation for anyone who needs it to fully participate in the Commission.
Membership for the Commission is intentionally left broad and inclusive to eliminate barriers and encourage participation of community members who are interested in serving but have little or no experience in City government. Commissioners must live or work within the City of Olympia, and commit to regular attendance at Commission meetings and to fulfilling the additional duties that may require time outside of meetings.
- Membership that is representative of a reasonably broad cross-section of the residents of the community including education, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, and geographic identification
- Commissioners must commit to serving with integrity and honesty
- Commissioners must understand, have experience in, or a strong desire and willingness to learn about discrimination, and issues related to racial, social justice, human rights, or other forms of discrimination
- Commissioners must effectively participate on a diverse team to independently investigate claims of racial discrimination, social justice, or human rights violations within the City of Olympia
- Commissioners must be open to learning about City government policies and procedures
- Organizational leadership in the public or private sector is useful but not necessary
For questions, contact Olivia Salazar de Breaux at email@example.com or 360.753.8343.